Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Trip that Actually Happened






Well, it looks like it actually happened. Our family, the Holman’s, actually got to go on our family trip to Orlando, Florida. I thought something was going to happen, because last time we had this trip planned, 9/11 happened 6 days before we were supposed to leave. So I figured something would happen… but nothing did. And I was excited about that. I am glad that this trip became a reality. So I thought that I would give everyone some high lights on how our trip went and some good pictures!

The beginning

We all woke up around 6 in the morning on Thursday the 8th of March, 2007. All pretty sleepy because of the lack of sleep from excitement, our ride pulls up right on schedule. Denise Long, our driver, took us to the Portland airport where my mom and dad and little brother and I met up with Brian and Melissa, my brother and sister in-law. Britton, my little brother, relaxed and surfed the web on my laptop while Brian and I took pics and the others waited for our plane to arrive. After a 2 hour plane ride to New Mexico where we switched planes, 4 hours later, we arrived in Orlando, Florida!
Orlando was an interesting place. Or maybe it was just Florida. Not only do we have to go through two toll booths to get on the freeway from the airport, but the drivers there were crazy! Even crazier than Oregonions… no offense Brian and Melissa. But it was nice and warm, that was for sure.
After getting off the plane, we got our van that we had pre-rented and were out of there. We were all starving but wanted to find our place before we went out and ate. When we finally found our place, we weren’t disappointed at all. We had rented a four bedroom home for really cheap and wasn’t sure what to expect, but to our surprise, it was awesome. Four nice rooms with 3 ½ bathrooms, this house came fully loaded with everything you needed. It was a blessing. After getting everything un-packed, we hopped into the van and went to Denny’s where we all thanked the Lord for bringing us there safely and for the food and chowed down!

1 Comments:

Blogger *Melissa* said...

The trip finally happened because I CAME ALONG!! haha God wanted you to wait for me, so i could join you!

7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home