Monday, September 11, 2006

All In Britton!


The poker tables were set, the chips were even and everyone was ready for the game to begin. Me, my dad, my brother Brian and a friend of ours, Mr. Long, were all dealers at the four tables we had set up. My younger brother Britton was turning 16 and decided that he wanted a poker party, so we gave him one! 28 people showed up, and only one person would claim the championship. And that person was not Britton unfortunately... no Britton took 27th place because he tried to bluff his way in to winned some chips and ended up losing all of his. But I can't talk much because I was right behind him getting 20th place... lame! But losers really didn't have that much to complain about. For in the losers loung, and yes we did have a losers loung, was all the food you could eat in one room, and four TVs set up so people could play video games, which was in this case, Halo. But you wouldn't catch me playing that game, no thanks. It didn't matter anyway, being the dealer, I was obligater to stay at my table and deal the rest of the game.
At the final table, 8 people remainded... but only one stood his ground. And me, I was the dealer because I drew the short straw amongst all my other fellow dealers. The final table took probaly a good 2 hours because there was so many chips on the table. When three people remainded, it was taking about 15 minutes per hand because there were so many chips to count. So what I did was convert the chips so they wouldn't have so many in front of them. It went a lot more smoother.
After about 5 more hands, it was down to the final two. And that only took one hand when they both decided to go all in... and Shane Wallace was the winner! After that we gave Britton his gifts and then we all said our goodbyes. It was a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home