Friday, September 22, 2006

Jeff - Jeff and the Puyallup Fair




I hadn't been to the Puyallup fair in ages... and my friend Jeff and I decided that we would go this year since we didn't get to go to Wild Waves. So we planned to go on Thursday because there was going to be a couple of Christian bands there. I decided that I would get the tickets at Costco because they were so much cheaper... saved 4 bucks per ticket! But that really didn't matter because I ended up giving two of them away at the fair because it was just me and Jeff and you can only get four at a time at Costco; they sell in bulk, what do ya do? Anyway, Jeff and I ended up leaving at 3 in the afternoon because Jeff had college and a little bit of trouble with his car. But no problem, that means we would get there around 4, right? Wrong! You see, I was following one of my friends dad because I thought that he was going to the fair, which he was, but that wasn't his first stop. So when we realized that my friends dad wasn't going to the fair right away, we had already passed the exits. So Jeff and I decided to take the back roads because the other side of the freeway wasn't moving all that well. This wasn't the smartest idea, considering we didn't know the back roads in the first place.
After about an hour of driving and asking some people, we found our way to the fair. My friends dad even beat us there. So the only thing that we did at the fair was the concerts, which wasn't all that bad. It was a lot of fun.
The first show that we watched was the Konzelman family. This family is a Christian family who play folk music, it is really cool! The two oldest boys are actually friends of mine, and they are really talented. After listening to them play, we all went to the stadium and sat in the free seating and watched three bands play. These bands were: David Crowder, Third Day and I don't remember what the third band was called... grrr. Anyway, they were awesome! I am not the biggest fan of music that is really loud, but the message that they had was really cool! Third Day was the core focus band at the fair. David Crowder and the other band were openers... but I think that most people were there for David Crowder... I know I was! He was awesome, but so was Third Day.

Well, it was a fun day, but a crazy one. Definitely a day that I will remember. I wonder if I should invest in a GPS system... nah, I would still probably get lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home