Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crazy floor


Costco, a place of happiness, peace, and joy... a place where anyone can find solitude and forget their worries in their everyday lives. A place where people can relax, and never have to worry about anything... Well, at least for the members. As for me, I am an employee. So Costco is a place of work. And boy, that is exactly what it was yesterday.
Yesterday was the first time that I had the responsibility of being the top guy on the night crew. And that just means that I get to tell everyone what to do. Muhahaha. But it wasn't as easy as I thought. I mean, I never really thought it to be that easy, but I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it was. Not only did I have to tell people where they were working that day, I had to write there lunch schedules, make sure that they were taking their breaks at the right time and also... run the floor. Now I have assisted in running the floor before, which isn't that bad. But this was a different story. I usually am given a section on the floor, like the aisles, and get to focus on those for the whole day. But yesterday, I had to focus on all of hardlines, centers, candy, and the end caps. Not to mention some of the back aisles. And today was a slow day... thank goodness. I definitely have a lot more respect for my friends that run and have ran the floor. You guys rock! You guys make it look easy.
It was fun though, I will say that. It is something that I would probably do again because it is a place where I get to help people all the time. That in itself makes it a sweet job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home